The holidays are especially laden with sweet treats.
Signs Your Blood Glucose Levels May Be High.
- Increased thirst
- Frequent Urination
- Blurred Vision
- Brain fog/confusion
- Recurrent infections (such as yeast infections, are common)
- Tingling in the hands and feet
- Loss of appetite
- Adopt low inflammation eating habits
Of course these symptoms also cross over with nutrient deficiencies and symptoms of chronic illness but if you experience an onset of these symptoms, it could still be triggered by increased blood sugar.
What You Can Do Now
I don’t like to pose a problem without some solution. Here are a few things that you can do now to get your blood sugar back down.
- Stop with the sweets for a moment
- Increase water intake
- Supplement with minerals to replenish the system
- Limit the amount of fruit you eat for a couple weeks
- No juice
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Balance your diet with the Glycemic Index Chart
- Go gentle on the simple carbs
You do not have to take on all of these. This is just a list of your options if you choose to take action. Reducing sugar intake is always a fabulous idea. If the symptoms persist, it may be time to talk to a healthcare provider. It may be a good idea to discuss a CBC panel with your doctor.